
Tomorrow's the day - that's right the day I step on the green again after a 5 year absence. I must admit after 6 months of lessons and one very humiliating round with my son at a local course in Santa Clara, CA, I don't get the obsession with.... golf.
But I live in a community of 7,000 people and 3 courses. Where golf carts have dominion on the road. That's why my town was founded. To be a golf resort. So I decided to jump back in. Or out of the way rather, of every other player out there because they all play faster than I do. Who else needs, no exaggeration, 23 shots to get the ball in the hole. Par 4? Where's Par 25?
So tomorrow I take borrowed, rented,dinged clubs, (but I do have my own shoes and don't they look great!) in hand with that awkward grip and start over with lessons again. What's that shout that will be heard all over town tomorrow - get out of the way, she's on the green!
No comments:
Post a Comment