It's been 2 months now since my camera went into the shop for warranty repairs. It turns out that the flash and the mother board haven't been right on the camera ever. No wonder some pictures were great and the very next one would be pitch black.
"Honey you just need to learn the settings" my husband said. Within a couple of weeks of buying the camera I went back to the store for help. "You need to bring in the camera Ma'am, we just moved over to our new year models and can't help you without your actual camera." Uuugh. Silly professional camera store, I thought they should know last years (two weeks ago) cameras'.
The store is in Austin near a location I go to about every other month. Next I brought in the camera, no manual. "Without the manual, Ma'am, we really can't help you." Uuugghhh. Life and it's busyness went on. Finally I managed to make it an hour from my house with both camera and manual, but no samples - my laptop had just been smashed and I'd lost my data. In one week, my cell phone, laptop, camera and two showers at our townhouses all went in for repair. I think my brain did too.
When I showed up with my camera and manual only to be told that the camera itself had been bad from the beginning, I calmly inquired if I could swap it out for another camera and upgrade to a more expensive type. "No, if you had brought the camera in within 30 days of purchase then you could have done that but now that it's been 6 months, we can't help you!" UUUGGGHHH. I'd been trying since day one to complain about that camera. Hadn't they tracked my repeated visits to the store, requesting help. Of course not.
And my camera is my pen. It writes the world I see. My blog has suffered. My advertising sites have suffered because I haven't had fresh pictures to put up. And most of all I feel like I have cotton stuffed in my mouth, no way to express myself without showing what I see visually.
I've been told I MIGHT have my camera back in time for July 4th. If not, I'm going to rent one, because to miss the visuals of those days is beyond my comprehension. And as soon as it comes back from warranty repair better than new, I can again see and share the world with you.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment