Saturday, April 4, 2009

Vipers; a Green Boat; Speeeed Baby

We pulled into the parking lot of the Point Venture marina today to go boating and what did we see - SNAKES! no actually - Vipers - lots and lots and lots of Vipers - See the video!!! I couldn't get my husband and son out of the parking lot for 30 minutes while they strolled around and looked or drooled rather.




Then we met Kenny G. He says he's "Stimulatin' the economy" with his 2008 Viper and matching shirt. Here's a picture of Kenny with his car (is that the right word for something that probably costs as much as a small house in Texas?).


I think the right word is glorified man made thing of beauty. Because these cars glittered. And just ask my shopping friends, I like things that glitter. Even reptile things that glitter.


Speaking of things that glitter.... we finally made it onto the lake where we saw a GREEN sail boat. It was glorious. It actually had a neon green sail and a blue sail behind that (the blue doesn't show in the picture).


And everyone was out today in their detail cleaned, winter stored, ready for summer boats. We've been taking our boat out all winter every week or so, which means that our boat isn't detail cleaned, winter stored, ready for summer. But we had a great time all the same.

Although, it was kind of tricky trying to stay out of the way of the speeeeed thing going on. I saw a boat going faster than I've ever seen in person before in my life and if I could have jumped out of the boat and RUN on water to get away from it I would have. It was one of those tricked out racing boats that manages to go across the water without the boat part actually touching the water (do you follow me here?) The brave, death defying man driving it was of course completely outfitted head to toe in a helmet, gloves, fire proof, crash proof suit and boots. No, just joshing ya. He was shirtless and wearing his swim trunks!

All in all a glorious day on the lake and in the parking lot..... green things, speedy things, Viper cars, and sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. Kenny G - If you come on here - I'd like to talk to you please. katekaczmarek@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete